Friday, May 22, 2009

Firenze, Fu Man Chu and commitment





A beautiful day in Firenze…after waking, I decided to change my PStyle a bit with some custom facial hair. Afterwards we ate, shopped and regrouped for internet time and then lunch. Along the way, something miraculous happened…Ed bought drawer-pulls for his cabinets. If you have not been to Ed’s apartment, you will not understand the significance of this act (a future comment on this post from Ed will explain, I am sure). The finish in Firenze proved to be a sh*tshow so we opted for the roll-out to mingle with the riders and team support. Cavendish won the stage (Columbia/HighRoad was stoked) and we got a shot of Levi, Lance and Lance’s bike. After a short walk, we chilled on the “front lawn” with cocktails, reflected on the week-to-date and went for a stroll. Wine bar and local’s spot completed our day, but once again the party came to us and we were off to the local formaggio club, “Central Park”. Ed opted out again so Alex and I cut the line and got reduced admission, “oh, you are not Italian, come with me”. See video for the JV event, we lasted less than an hour.

Jeff


Addendum by Ed
The drawer-pulls are beautiful...with an "epic" story to them. BTW, I ran out of blue tape...finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment