




I woke up at 11am and the parking lot had turned into a Russian bazaar…weird.
We rallied for the ride and headed North around the West side of Lake Como. Amazing, see photos. We rode to Menaggio just in time to catch the ferry to Bellagio and had an amazing lunch at Hotel de Lac but I almost lost it when we left to pay our respects to the church, Madonna a Ghisallo…a church dedicated to cyclists. The ride was 14% up…was was not ready for that. Alex was feeling good and charged while Ed and I struggled (me more than Ed). It was worth the trip and we found our way back via a local (Ed’s GPS failed). Before we left Como we watched the sun set and jumped in the lake for a quick rinse, to the amusement of some locals. Off to Milan to find a place to park and find a restaurant recommended by a friend, Alla Cucina Delle Langhe on the shopping street, Corso Como. Alex performed some acrobatic diving maneuvers (hopping curbs and backing into 4 lane traffic). We finally parked close to Stazione Girabaldi…and happened to be two blocks from the restaurant. What luck! We had some drinks and dinner al fresco…not sure about Ed’s Salisbury Steak but Alex and I split a great rigatoni pomodoro and a “chef salad”. We loved the courtyard at 10 Corso Como and later we lied to Marcella for some ice and had some night caps at the rig.
Did I mention Ed is wearing the same clothes?
Jeff
Ed! Sorry about your luggage, but where better to get a new wardrobe than italia? Thanks to Jeff for the regular posts so far!
ReplyDelete